|“||Hey, can I bring anything tonight?||”|
— Jenna Hamilton
|Full name:||Jenna P. Hamilton|
|Alias:||Hamiltart, Girlfriend, Pussy, J, My Girl, Hoe, J-Town, Hamiltoe, Hamilton, Home Girl, Lil' Bitch, Skitch, Hamiltramp, Slut, Hoebag Slut Machine, Jennadict Arnold|
|Age:||17 (born December 2, 1995)|
|Occupation:|| Student at Palos Hills High School|
|Relatives:|| Kevin Hamilton (father) |
Aunt Ally (non-biological aunt)
|Friends:|| Tamara Kaplan (best friend forever) |
Ming Huang(best friend)
Clark Stevenson (close friend)
Kristy Patton (former friend)
|Relationships:|| Matty McKibben (ex-boyfriend, sexual, crush)|
Jake Rosati (ex-boyfriend)
Collin Jennings (affair, never exclusive, sexual)
Ricky Schwartz (deceased, kissed)
|Enemies:|| Sadie Saxton|
|Portrayed by:||Ashley Rickards|
Jenna is best friends with Tamara Kaplan and Ming Huang, but she was got into a fight with them when she started dating Collin Jennings and also changed her personality, but they made up in "Old Jenna". She also shares an antagonistic relationship with Sadie Saxton, which has never evolved throughout the series. She had an on-and-off romantic relationship with Matty McKibben, until she cheated on him with Collin. But they break up for good after Jenna broke-up their relationship, although they remain close friends.
She also dated Matty's best friend Jake Rosati for the majority of Season 2, but broke-up with him and chose to be with Matty. She is currently a student at Palos Hills High School. She is also a blogger of her own blog called "Invisible Girl Daily" and as of the start of Season 3, she is currently in Mr. Hart creative writing class.
Jenna has been struggling to live a normal life ever since a misunderstanding which led people into thinking she had a "failed suicide attempt," and because of this she begins taking counseling with Valerie Marks, who keeps Jenna on "suicide watch" while giving her terrible advice. Because of Jenna's cruel article about Valerie and asking Mr. Hart to publish it on to the school magazine, Valerie is now under suspension because the principal read the article and fired her. She gets Val's job back in Karmic Relief when she convinced her mom and Val to go to Valerie's hearing.
Jenna was described as smart, compassionate, empathetic, caring and friendly, But she could have been vulnerable and placed in very awkward situations. But after dating Collin, her personality, attitude and even fashion sense started to change. But after the episode The Campaign Fail, she is currently starting to make everything right between her and her friends and family, by trying to become a better person and evolve herself back into "the old Jenna." Although it is hinted that she wants to get back together with Matty, but she doesn't want to be selfish with him. In Who I Want To Be, she says that she doesn't need a boy to be happy.
But it is revealed that he still had a sexual relationship with ex-girlfriend, Angelique Welch, because he didn't want to be in a relationship with anyone. Collin told Jenna that their relationship wasn't exclusive, this made it clear that they are no longer together. They no longer care about each other.
Jenna P. Hamilton is the daughter of Lacey and Kevin Hamilton, who had Jenna when they were 17-years-old. She was born on December 2, 1995 in Los Angeles at 7:32 P.M. Her parents are childish and embarrassing towards Jenna, as they both try to act younger than they are and often try to be her friend rather than her parent, and this usually involves Jenna's mother giving her advice on her "bad" hair and poor clothing choice.
Before the Pilot, it shows in a flashback that she lost her virginity to Matty McKibben at summer camp, although after they had sex, he told her that they should keep their relationship a secret, which slightly angers Jenna.
Jenna reveals that she loses her virginity to Matty McKibben at summer camp in a supply closet. She realizes getting the boy of your dreams isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially when he's too embarrassed to be seen with you, as he asks her to keep it a secret and that they should date in secret. Jenna also gets a 'care-frontation letter' which ends with a misunderstanding in which everyone thinks was an attempted suicide, and she starts to realize this mistake might actually be her ticket to social visibility.
Mean girls, Sadie and Lissa snap a nude photo of Jenna's breasts in the girls' locker room and send it to the entire school, eliciting some surprising reactions. Matty says something mean about the photo and Jenna gets upset. Eventually Matty takes all the pictures down at their school and explain that he wasn't insulting her, and was only trying to deflect the attention from her boobs. Jenna realizes that Matty was trying to be her hero after seeing her post and it ends with them kissing.
Jenna thinks Matty is taking their relationship public at an 'in crowd' party, she's heartbroken when she saw him making out with another girl in the hot tub. Matty later asks the girl to stay away when she offers to take it upstairs, however Jenna didn't see it. Jenna starts to get to know Jake.
Jenna hears that everyone in the hot tub at Lissa's party gets pink eye including her best friend Tamara. When the homecoming bonfire comes Jenna wants to DTR (Define the relationship) with Matty before the bonfire where everyone hooks up. The two hook up behind the dumpster and Matty told Jenna that he thinks she's a good kisser, beautiful, and funny. after Jenna asks Matty if they can DTR, although he tells her he likes her, he doesn't think he's ready to be in a relationship, this deeply upsets Jenna.
Jenna feels upset when she sees a girl Oliva, aka 'Jenna plus', coming out of Matty's truck, leading her to think that when Matty said he wasn't ready, he meant with a dork like Jenna. She lands in detention with Olivia after confronting her stalker that sells 'Jenna lives' t-shirts. Jenna later realizes that Olivia is a really nice girl and Matty reveals that she is actually his Girlfriend-in-law. In this episode, Jake kisses Jenna.
Jenna is forced by her mother into coming to a knick-knacker intake gathering, where she runs into Matty who is the waiter. Jake tells Matty that he kissed Jenna and might be into her. Matty tries to convince him that he should let go. Jake realizes how much he is into Jenna after talking to Matty and decides to talk to her about it. When Jake texts Jenna so that they can talk, Matty pulls out his phone to ask Jenna if they can meet tonight. Jenna decides not to let Matty has all the power in the relationship. Matty is upset and disappointed when she has replied to Jake's message but not his.
Jenna and Jake get cast in a mock DUI event held at school. Jenna is trying to play hard-to-get, which seems to be working. Jenna gets cast as Dead Stacey, the character that her mother played in 1995. Jenna is disappointed when Matty didn't introduce her to his brother when he saw them kissing and asked her to leave. The next day when Matty apologizes, Jenna gets angry and tells him that she's tired of being his secret. Jake confesses to Jenna that he has feelings for her and Jenna finally gets the public attention after the successful show.
Lacey's best friend Ally, who refers Jenna as 'lil bitch', is back. Jenna throws a party to try to impress Matty with her mom and Ally's help. The next day, Jenna struggles to remember the events of the night, which ended with Jenna giving Jake a lecture, hurting Matty's feelins, and kissing Tamara's crush, Ricky. When she arrives at Tamara's house to apologize, Tamara throws out a picture of them and tells her that she's glad she wrote the carefrontation letter.
Tamara is ignoring Jenna and she is having the worst birthday ever. Matty laters gives Jenna a ride home after the football game, which made Sadie furious. In the ride, Matty tells Jenna why he was hurt by her comments and the two become friends again. But at the end of the day, just before Jenna truly turns 16, Matty knocks on her door and tells her that he wants to be more than friends.
Lissa slaps Jenna after Jake telli her about the kiss between him and Jenna. Jenna reconnects with Tamara and Jake has to earn Lissa's trust by doing whatever she wants. Matty finally asks Jenna out to dinner. Tamara confesses that she only said she wrote the letter because she was hurt, and she thinks Matty is the one that wrote the letter. This causes Jenna worry when Matty takes her to a restaurant in a secluded area, which turns out to be Matty's family's restaurant. Jenna's concerns are resolved when Matty's uncle told her.
about how Matty has never taken a girl there before. When they get back to Jenna's home, Tamara and Ming bust their date with games and confessions but are soon won over by Matty's true words. Before leaving Matty and Jenna alone, Tamara whispers that she doesn't think that Matty wrote the letter anymore. In the meantime, Lissa and Sadie team up to make Jake break up his friendship with Jenna but he ends up apologizing to Jenna for the earlier fight, and breaks up with Lissa.
Matty asks her what color dress she will be wearing to the formers. Later, still not asking her to the dance, he asks her if she is a limo girl or not. Jenna gets jealous when she sees other boys going great lengths make a 'big ask'. Jake asks Jenna to the dance by giving her a CD, which has "Will you go to the dance with me?" printed on it. She tells him that she already has a date. Jake tells Matty about being turned down by Jenna. He asks Jenna if it's okay for them to skip Formal since he doesn't want to hurt Jake, but he doesn't tell Jenna that. Meanwhile, Sadie manages to steal Jenna's file, with the letter in it. Jenna is surprised to be nominated for Sophomore Princess, but then discovers that the ballot has her letter printed on the back of it. Jenna decides that she deserves more, and goes to Formal with Jake.
In last episode, Jenna agrees to go to the Formal with Jake, with Ming and Tamara tagging along. Matty decides that he won't give up on Jenna and goes to her house, only to find that Jenna has already left for the Formal. Jake and Jenna have a good time at the Formal, and Jenna decides that maybe Jake is the one for her and they kiss, but then Matty shows up. Jenna takes Jake's hand and realizes that that's what she wants, and tells Matty that she's very sorry, but she thinks it is too late. When Jake and Jenna get home, and they kiss again. She tells him that he's the first person other than her parents to hold her hand in public. They set off the alarm by accident, and Jenna finds the note pad that has the same paper the carefrontation letter was written on while looking for the alarm code, and realizes that it's her mother who sent the letter.
In the second season, Matty tells Jenna that he wants a second chance in the new year party. Jenna chooses Jake and shares a kiss with him. Later at night, Jake sees the condoms her dad gave her in which she reveals to him that she is not a virgin, leading to Jake becoming jealous.
The school year is back and the Sanctuary has a video camera put in tapping all the action that has happened. Jenna and Matty debate if they should tell Jake about their secret relationship. Matty confesses to Jenna that he loves her after hearing from Jake that Jenna was in love with the guy that she slept with before. But Jenna says she really likes Jake since he is not embarrassed to be seen with her and never makes her feel bad about herself. Matty is really upset and apologizes to Jenna. Meanwhile, Jenna pressures her mom into telling her dad about writing the letter.
Jenna and Jake's relationship is going steady but Matty keeps taggin along and trying to tempt and seduce Jenna with his 'unintentional touching' and nuding up every chance he gets. Jenna's parents are separated. Jenna and Matty get into an argument where Matty denies luring her and saying that Jenna is too clingy. Later Jenna apologizes for accusing Matty of seducing her and they make up. However it is revealed that Matty really was trying to sabotage Jenna and Jake's relationship from Sadie and Matty's conversation.
Jenna upsets Jake by saying 'awesome' back when he said 'I love you'. This leads to Jenna doubting if she loves Jake like how she loved Matty. She considers sleeping with him after taking Tamara's advice, hoping to clarify her feelings for Jake. However she accidentally hits the PA system which ends up telling the whole school.
In Aunt Ally's wedding, Sadie reveals to Jake about Jenna and Matty's secret relationship. At the same time, Jenna left a message telling him that she's finally ready and she loves him. Jake gets upset and breaks up with Jenna saying that their timing isn't right. He refuses to talk to both Matty and Jenna. Matty and Courtney are making out but Matty stops Courtney, telling her that he can't focus and needs to take care of his friend. Jake listens to the voice mail of Jenny and regrets breaking up with her. Matty then shows up at Jenna's house to comfort her, where they confess their love for each other. They end up kissing while Jake watches behind the backdoor in horror.
Jenna tries to fix things with Jake but he is convinced that she is a cheater, with a photo of Jenna and Matty making out last night. Jake and Matty get into a fist fight over Jenna during a pep rally. Jake and Matty later make up and decide not to let a girl go between them. Jake and Matty demand answer from Jenna on who she's going to pick.
At last Jenna picks Matty, who tells Jake about their relationship. The three become friends again. Jenna decides whether she should go to Europe or stay with Matty during Summer.
In the first episode it is revealed that Jenna has a Pregnancy Scare in the beginning of Season 3, and does not tell Matty. Matty gets a tattoo saying 'Jenna 4eva' to prove his love for Jenna. During the party for Ricky Schwartz, Jenna tells Jake about the pregnancy scare, who then tells Matty. He becomes upset that she didn't tell him first and he leaves.
Jenna feels that Matty has become distant after he found out about the pregnancy scare through Jake. Matty has been avoiding sex or physical contact with Jenna and tells her that they need to talk, which prompts her to get Tamara to arrange a group date 'BFGFBBF'. Matty is jealous of Jenna and Jake's easygoing friendship. Matty asks her about why it is easy to talk to Jake but not him.</span> Jenna brought up how she thinks he is embarrassed of her, but he said he was never embarrassed of her. They make up and kiss.
Jenna's dad finds out that Jenna and Matty are sexually active and calls to inform his parents. The McKibbens come over for dinner and the moms have an arguments over their different parenting styles. Matty moves in after dispute with his parents. Matty is enjoying living with Jenna while Jenna feels invaded and wants Matty to leave. When Matty and Jenna are watching porn together, she accidentally hurt Matty's feelings. At night she finds out that Matty is crying in the bathroom and Lacey has a talk with Matty, encouraging him to talk things out with his mom. Matty and Jenna make up and he goes back home the next day.
During homecoming pinnings, Jenna feels bad for single girls who don't have dates. jake & Matty later get Tamara to tell them a secret she has been keeping, that Jenna doesn't want to go to the dance because Matty doesn't like dancing. Jake later teaches Matty how to dance. Matty and Jenna then dance together in the parking lot.
Jenna sees that Colin stills flirts with her. She confronts him about it and he laughs. He invites her to a photography party for the photographer that she likes. Before entering the party her and Matty get into a fight, and he confesses to her that he in fact was embarrassed of her. In which upsets her and she tells him that he doesn't have to go to the party. So she goes alone. She meets Colin there, and he tells her the sexual tension is there. He drives her there, and she apoligizes to him about his breakup with his girlfriend. They talk about her and she and Colin kiss. Matty walks out there but she already got out of the car.
In Surprise!, she and Collin continue there affair, although despite the fact she knows it's wrong she cannot help herself as she is drawn to him. Tamara and Ming find out, and Tamara struggles to keep it a secret. Meanwhile Jenna's mother plans a surprise party for her 17th birthday and Jenna purposly makes her expose this. Later Jenna's mother offered the house to her for the weekend while her and her father went out of town.
By the end of this episode, Collin and Jenna make out and appear in the house (still making out), when everyone yells SURPRISE!! and everyone appears shocked.
In S03E12, Jenna is confused about who she likes and she is also embarrassed and upset. She skips school because of the humiliation and she stays home all day. Everybody ( Jake, Tamara, Ming, Lissa, Fred, Clark and Sadie ) wonder if Matty and Jenna are still together by trying to tell each other about the little stories that happened at Jenna's surprise party. At the end of the episode, we found out if Matty and Jenna were still together. It appears that Jenna is the one who breaks up Matty and Matty starts to cry. That's when the episode ends.
The next episode, Jenna seems fine. She changes : - her hair -she accessorizes -she changes her wardrobe. -she changes her personality
She decides to have a public relationship with Collin which makes Matty sad.
If Jenna decided not to lose her virginity to Matty at summer camp, and didn't read the care-frontation letter. There would be no failed suicide attempt and therefore Matty would not be embarrassed of her. He introduces her to his friends which results in Jenna becoming best friends with Sadie and later becomes a the head cheerleader as well as a spoilt, shallow and self-centered bitch. She is also cruel to her ex-friend Tamara and her mother. In the end Matty breaks up with Jenna and makes out with Ming which makes Jenna enraged and screams.
If Jenna told Jake the truth about everything, she later becomes extremely honest and therefore extremely boring to Jake. He plans to have "the talk" with Jenna, who decides lies about being pregnant to avoid a break up. Later while talking to Tamara about the fake pregnancy, Jake overhears this and breaks up with her. She later discovers that she was really pregnant and later shown that Lissa and Jake get back together while Jenna was a single, heavily pregnant teen mom.
If Jenna never went to summer camp, she would have went to summer school and got an early graduation and as a result of this:-
- Sadie has no need to make fun of Jenna's failed suicide attempt.
- Valerie wouldn't have to keep Jenna on suicide watch.
- Matty and Jake wouldn't take interest in Jenna.
However Jenna re-wrote the ending of this story and made Jake and Matty a couple instead.
The Old Jenna
Jenna is a typical teenage girl, who is described as the down-to-earth girl-next-door wallflower. She is usually kind, smart and compassionate, but at most of the time she is put in awkward and embarrassing moments, most people (like Sadie) describe her as boring and a slut.
She can also be a little sarcastic and sometimes selfish with Matty whenever another girl shows an interest in him, but this can show that he is easily jealous.
The New Jenna
Jenna's new personality change began 3 weeks after her 17th birthday and has started rebelling with her new boyfriend Collin Jennings. She was described as careless, selfish, bitchy, arrogant and as a result she has done many things that she is currently regret doing: -
- Nearly getting arrested (with Collin) after smoking weed.
- Fighting with her friends (via text and call) by insulting them.
- Being cruel to Matty and calling his new girlfriend Devon a rebound skank.
- telling Tamara that she cant get her own guys so she settled for Jenna's "slopey seconds" (aka Jake)
- Stealing from her parents
- She lost her father's trust after nearly getting arrested.
- She lost her mother's trust after she snuck out the house to be with Collin.
- Told Tamara to "take care".
- Stands up for herself. (Example: Sadie told her Karma's a bi*ch and Jenna replies "is that why you're broke and homeless"?
- Had sex with Collin 3 weeks into their relationship just to keep him.
- Gets warned that if she leaves the house she can't come back. She actually leaves and is on the sidewalk wondering if she should stay on the streets.
- Tells Valerie that she's been a horrible guidance counselor and slams the door in her face.
- Gets suspended (temporarily) from school, after being caught smoking on school campus by Valerie.
- Takes ecstasy.
- Tells her mother, Ally, Valerie and Sadie, to f*** off.
- Gets Mr. Hart to print a cruel article on a magazine, about Valerie.
- Almost getting into a threesome with Angelique Welch and Collin Jennings.
- Currently regretting becoming "the new Jenna."
Jenna has an attractive oval face. She has long dark brown hair, with bangs which is usually in a braid, hazel eyes and stands about 5'5." She also has pale complexion and rarely wears any visible make-up, instead looking more natural.
Her style was plain and she wore "clothes for comfort." She usually wore plain shirts with some floral-like patterns. She would sometimes wears blue-jeans and skirts. She also had a butterfly necklace, which she doesn't wear anymore.
Because of her new attitude and personality change. Her fashion sense has began to change as well. She no longer wears her hair in a braid, but instead leaves it long and curly.
She has also started to wear beanie hats, scarves, skinny jeans, plain shirts and T-shirts, tights, high-heeled boots. She is also shown to dress a little bit more edger, such as mini-skirts and tight t-shirts, too show some cleavage. She is also shown to wear some heavy eye make-up.
She has also started to accessorize more and wear things such as bracelets and rings.
- Lacey Hamilton - Lacey is the biological mother of Jenna Hamilton. She had Jenna when she was a teenager and as a result she tries to be Jenna's sister or best friend rather than her mother. However at the end of Season 1, Jenna finds out that it was her mother who sent her the care-frontation letter, but Jenna later confronts her about this and Lacey later apologizes. Although despite this, they both love each other despite their differences and views on life. As of the start of Season 3 their relationship has grown much more closer, when Jenna confronts her mother and tells her about her pregnancy scare and also helps her get onto the pill, but as of now, Jenna has lost Lacey's trust because of her new personality change.
- Kevin Hamilton - Kevin is the biological father of Jenna Hamilton. He and Lacey had Jenna when they were teenagers, and as a result Kevin usually embarrasses Jenna by acting childish and talking about sex. Despite this, they care deeply for each over and share a good "father-daughter" family bond. However due to Jenna's new personality change she has began to loose her father's trust.
- Aunt Ally - Ally is Jenna's non-biological aunt and Lacey's best friend. She and Jenna share an antagonistic relationship, as Ally calls Jenna lil' bitch and attends on making fun of Jenna.
- Tamara Kaplan (Status: Best Friends Forever)
- Ming Huang (Status: Best Friends)
- Matty McKibben (Status: Friends)
- Jake Rosati (Status: Friends)
- Lissa (Status: Friends) - At first Lissa was jealous of the raw attraction between her boyfriend and Jenna. In Fateful, Lissa tells her the damage has been done and that she looks really pretty. They go to church camp together in Are You There God? It's Me, Jenna. In Surprise!, she attends Jenna's surprise party and records her surprise.
- Collin Jennings (Status: Possible Enemies, affair, never exclusive) - Although at first, Jenna was initially hostile towards Collin's arrogance and initially jealous that Mr. Hart preferred Collin's work instead of hers. She then starts to develop feelings for him, and they both eventually kiss and try to keep their feelings and affair a secret from her then-boyfriend Matty McKibben. Although Tamara Kaplan and Ming Huang both find out about this and Tamara struggles to keep this a secret from the Matty and Jake. However their affair gets discovered when they are caught making out in front of Lissa, Ming, Jake Rosati, Matty, Valerie Marks, Kevin Hamilton, Fred Wu, and Lacey Hamilton during Jenna's 17th surprise party. After this, Jenna breaks-up with Matty and, begins to date Collin, however this results in the "new Jenna," resulting in Jenna rebelling and changing her personality, even having sex with him just so that she can keep him.
- Clark Stevenson (Status: Close Friends) - Clark and Jenna's friendship has been mainly on good terms. It is later revealed that Clark was the mystery counselor, who gave Jenna advice through her blog.
- Angelique Welch (Status: Possibly Friends/Possibly Enemies) - Angelique and Jenna became fast friends during her Halloween party. However Collin breaks-up with Angelique to be with someone like Jenna. It is currently unknown if Jenna and Angelique remained friends since then, but they probably didn't since Jenna is now dating her ex, Collin Jennings. Angelique and Collin took ectasy and she put it in Jenna's drink. While getting high in a club's couch Angelique begins to cross the boundaries with Jenna by gropping Jenna's leg and nearly involving Jenna into a threesome. Jenna, however, begins to feel uncomfortable about this and decides to leave, leaving Collin and Angelique making-out, it is currently unknown if they had sex.
- Sadie Saxton (Status: Enemies) - Jenna and Sadie have always been enemies prior to the start of the series. It is hinted on numerous occasions that Sadie is jealous of Jenna because Matty loves Jenna and not Sadie. Sadie bullies Jenna and usually makes fun of her.
- Devon (Status: Never officially met/Enemies) - Devon was Matty's new girlfriend, who Jenna took an instant dislike too, by calling her a rebound skank.
- Matty McKibben (Jatty) Status: Broken Up
- First Relationship
- Second Relationship
- Third Relationship
- Jake Rosati (Jakenna) Status: Broken Up
- Collin Jennings (Jollin) Status: Exes - Never Exclusive/Affair
|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3|
|12/12 episodes||12/12 episodes||20/20 episodes|
- She is the only character (so far) to have voiceovers.
- Jenna can't drive yet, although she got a driver's test on her 16th birthday but failed because she was distracted by her driver's instructor's hook hand. As of Homewrecker Hamilton, she is able to drive.
- Jenna's zodiac sign is Sagittarius
- Although it is unclear, it is possible that Jenna wants to be a writer.
- Jenna was a cheerleader in her alternative universe.
- Jenna is the only female character to have the most love interests.
- Had a pregnancy scare.
- Has her own blog which went public, but later made it private.
- Her middle name is something beginning with "P," although it is unknown what it stands for.
- With her new attitude, she is considered by many fans to be called "The New Jenna."